Jenica Kolhoff has worked with Fort Wayne Metals since 2011. As a Nitinol Applications Engineer, she is an expert in utilizing Nitinol product forms for medical device design. Jenica graduated from Purdue University with a BS in Materials Science and Engineering.
Working in what is still is a largely male-dominated field, Jenica Kolhoff has established herself as a subject-matter expert for Nitinol, a material that’s still considered exotic by many due to its unique shape memory and superelastic properties. The majority of her career has focused on testing, processing, and researching the properties of Nitinol wire used in medical applications at one of the world’s leading Nitinol manufacturing facilities.
Her deep theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience, combined with her ability to analyze problems and help customers solve design challenges, has made Jenica one of the most trusted sources of information about Nitinol for Fort Wayne Metals employees and customers alike.
More Interviews in our "Leading Women in Engineering & Science" Series:
- Tracy Campbell Accardi, Vice President, Surgical Robotics Research & Development, Medtronic
- Anne F. Booth, Owner/President, Booth Scientific Sterilization and Quality System Professionals
- Ulkuhan Guler, Assistant Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Robyn Meurant, Executive Director, Regulatory Services, IVDs and Medical Devices, NSF International
- Ekaterina Tkatchouk, Principal Engineer, Edwards Lifesciences
- Maryam Zahabi, Assistant Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University
More Profiles in our "Leading Women in Engineering & Science" Series:
- Dr. Annette Teng, CEO; Lisa Wen, Process Engineer; Promex
- Dawn F. Massa Stancavish, Chief Innovation Officer & COO; Massa Products Corporation
- Sarah Charette, Product Manager; The Lee Company
- Katie Farley, Kim Jackson, Sue Marchant, Patricia Santos-Serrao & Erin Wright; MasterControl
- Winnie Yu, PhD, Senior Director of Medical Innovation; Flex - Health Solutions
- Yolita Wildman Nugent, Director, Advanced Soft Systems Integration; Flex - Health Solutions
- Mahsa Nakhjiri, Senior Director of Technical Product Management; Flex - Health Solutions
- Kristin Edgerton, Lead Project Engineer; Scientific Products Group
- Jenica Kolhoff, Nitinol, Applications Engineer